Disabled Peoples’ International and MphasiS F1 Foundation have joined hands to work towards the establishment of a Global Youth with Disabilities Network. The network will give youth with disabilities the opportunity to voice their views and create strategic plans to promote the awareness and rights of youth with disabilities not just within the regions of Disabled Peoples’ International (DPI) but throughout the world.
The objectives of the Global Youth Network Project are to:
- Advocate for the equal representation of young people with disabilities at all levels of decision-making regarding positive youth development. A committee of youth with disabilities will be formed to achieve this aim.
- Promote development of the abilities of young persons with disabilities, allowing them to contribute to the development of their local communities through social involvement.
- Raise public awareness about the rights of all young persons with disabilities to have access to transportation, health services, education and work opportunities, the physical environment, housing, cultural and social life, including sports and recreational facilities.
- Promote the empowerment of youth with disabilities through the development of peer support initiatives and services.
- Establish Youth Networks at the Regional and National level.
Site Counter 70